|my feet in Honolulu|
I didn't exactly know how to start this post.
In fact, I've rewrote this first sentence about dozen times.
Perhaps, I should not be writing this post right now, especially after the day that I've had--but when you really think about it, is there ever a perfect time?
Saying goodbye to 2011 is bittersweet for me...I know after the last few months, many would think that I would shouting "SO LONG!" to 2011--and I was actually right there with them. But then, the more I got to thinking about it, I realized that as difficult, and I mean horribly difficult, this year has been at times--with lots and lots of tears shed--it has also been wonderful because I've learned sooooo much!
In fact, as much as I am going to regret saying this, I am kinda, sorta thankful that the not-so-fun and horrible times of this year happened because without them, I would not have learned so much.
And what have I learned, you may ask?
Well, here are a just a few things, just off the top of my head:
1. No matter what horrible situation you may be in you can always call out to God and He will hear you. Now this does not mean He will do what you request, when you request it--He never promised that. However, he does promise to hear your requests and pleas.
2. Family, as much as they drive you, oh so crazy sometimes, they are still your family and they love you and they will be there when you need them.
3. As sad as it is to lose a friend, sometimes it's the best thing, because God will bring you new friends--and sometimes they are even better than the old ones.
4. Marriage takes a lot of work, but in the end, it is worth it.
5. Kids can sometimes make you want to pull your hair out, but those are the times you realize that's why you love them so.
6. It's ok to say "no" sometimes. In fact, it's ok to say "no" lots of times. You don't have to please everyone.
7. Sometimes you have to be "forced" to leave a bad situation, for your own sake, otherwise you would probably never leave.
8. Little miracles to do happen when you least expect it.
9. Kids can give you gray hair...that is not from personal experience.
10. As hard as it is to swallow sometimes, God does love YOU and He wants the BEST for YOU.
How do you feel about saying goodbye to 2011?